Readings of Interest

by a.kim on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Well it seems like everyone disappeared during break. I don't blame you ... i totally went super lazy, too. Well getting back into the whole school scene with classes and etc., I was never an avid reader. Heck... I pretty much don't read books unless the school assigns it. Because I'm not too fond of reading, I have never been to great at reading comprehension and things of the sort. In light of this, I want to improve my reading and also it never hurts to read (prolly help me be a more imaginative thinker). So I'm asking everyone for some suggestions. I would be interested in reading journals or articles or other above average reading that will keep my interest. Anything that you think is very interesting or like thought provoking ... etc. Boredom is a killer of my non-existent reading habit. SO PUH LEZZZJUH HELP.

Ps - I'm a chemistry major so maybe that will influence your suggestions... I don't know. Plus I'm trying to prepare for the MCATs...

ANY GREAT IDEAS WILL BE REWARDED BY MIKE CHOE AND HIS RICHNESS THAT SURROUNDS HIM!

3 comments:

Comment by Kevin, NeuEve Team on January 14, 2009 at 10:00 PM

You like science, right? Here's an article that will make you think about whether we even need scientific theories anymore :)

Here:
http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/16-07/pb_theory

 
Comment by eohcnrk on January 14, 2009 at 10:26 PM

dr house would kill mr anderson..

interesting article though

 
Comment by sophlightning305 on January 17, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Ender's game (orson scott card) sci-fi

Hero in the Shadows (David Gemmell)
sci-fi

The Firm (John Grisham) Fiction

Rising Sun (Michael Crichton) Fiction

The Noble House (James Clavell) Fiction

A Man Named Dave (Dave Pelzer) Non-Fiction

The God Delusion (Richard Dawkins) Non-fiction

I dunno if these are what you like, but they're good reads...sorry, dunno any chem books lol.